The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful- Day 8

I have several things I am thankful for today, but there is one biggy. It was laundry day at my house today, which means I do about 4 or 5 loads depending on how much accumulates from Monday.  I am so blessed that I was born in an era that I have access to a washing machine and a dryer that is inside my house.  I can't even imagine how my great-grandmothers or great-great-grandmothers did laundry with nothing but a wash board and a clothes line.  And then I think about how many kids they had in their families, and I'm even more grateful! I really enjoy my time folding clothes and putting them away.  Seriously.  So you can stop laughing now.  I love to organize stuff, so sue me!

Also, I'm thankful for naps.  The twins finally stayed in their cribs and took a nap today, but only because I stayed in their room and slept in one of their new twin beds. I ducked out after they were truly asleep, and came downstairs to catch a few winks myself.  It's amazing how only 20 minutes of shut eye can energize a gal!

P.S. I want to send a shout out to all of the wonderful  friends and family reading my posts, and also to the nice people in Germany in Russia who are checking out my blog!  Danke! спасибо!

No comments:

Post a Comment