The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful- Day 4

It's Sunday, which means my hubby and I are watching DVR'd TV shows, and eating popcorn after the kids go to bed, so I figure I'd go ahead and post in between shows.  Today, I'm thankful for my family.  And I'm not just talkin' 'bout my immediate "man clan," but all of them, including the extended ones I never see.  We celebrated the October and November birthdays in our family tonight, and I just love being with my siblings and their families.  It's great to see all of the kids playing and I enjoy laughing and chatting with my big brother and sister.  We celebrated 4 birthdays tonight, and we were also lucky enough to have a few of my cousins and my uncle come over.  I am incredibly blessed to have been born into a family that so strongly believes in the meaning of family.  I witnessed that meaning of family this August when my Dad invited all of the Frick family members that could come to my parents home for a reunion.  I had the chance to meet my Dad's cousins and their children.  I have to say, not only am I related to a bunch of really beautiful people, but it was kind of neat to see so many of us that were "cut from the same cloth."  I celebrate being a member of the Frick family, and I love them all, each and every one!

I'm cutting it short tonight, but I did want to make a disclaimer that I am not putting any of these posts in order of importance, just the particular way I feel that day.  If I would have made this post earlier in the day, I would have said how thankful I am for pumpkin flavored donuts, pizza rolls, Funyuns, and my favorite drink that the Astronauts took to the moon, Tang.  And yes, to answer the question you are already forming in your mind, I eat my feelings.  Today was a rough day, but that's a post for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment