The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Friday, November 23, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful- Day 23

So, as I mentioned previously, yesterday was Thanksgiving.  So, what was today? BLACK FRIDAY! Normally, people would be getting up at the crack of dawn or earlier to go find amazing at retail stores.  In the past I have participated in the shopping madness, but today was different.  I checked the ads and found absolutely nothing we needed, and since we're traveling it's not like we could have bought a whole bunch of stuff anyway.  Well, I take that back, Todd went out last night when some of the stores were open.  I mentioned to his mother that he needed some nicer clothing for work, and she ended up taking all of her sons and a grandson shopping at 10:30pm.  They didn't make it home until nearly 1am, but they found some great deals and brought home some really handsome clothing.  So today, all of the girls took a trip to the nail salon and we had manicures and pedicures.  Do you know how long it's been since I've been pampered like that? I haven't had a pedicure since I was pregnant with the twins, and I haven't had a manicure since I was married 12 years ago! I'm thankful for the wonderful nail techs who worked on my feet and hands, because trust me, after so many years of not having a pedicure or a manicure, it took a long time to get my hands and feet in better shape! I'm quite proud of my nails; they look so pretty and sparkle with all of the glittery polish that is layered on them.  They took great care of all of us at the salon, and I am VERY thankful to my wonderful mother-in-law and all of my sisters-in-law and nieces for that fun bonding time.  Plus, I'm thankful I had the opportunity to get out of the house and was able to be pampered a little bit.  I very rarely do those kinds of things for myself, because I full on believe that if I leave the house it will fall down without me there.  I know it won't really happen, but I also feel weird spending money on myself when I know I can use the money to take care of the boys or get them things they need.  So, here's to being pampered along side my McKnight sisters! It was a much deserved and much needed trip to the salon!

No comments:

Post a Comment