The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful- Day 12

Well, today is my big sister's birthday, and I'd like to wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She's been a fun big sister to have, because she is the person I credit with teaching me about "lady" stuff.  One of my favorite memories with her was when I had a chance to stay with her for a few days when she lived in Dallas.  I was 12 and she took me to Six Flags for the first time, and we had a blast.  She also let me watch the Madonna movie, "Truth or Dare," because I told her our Mom wouldn't let me.  I promised I wouldn't tell Mom, and she rented it and tried her best to answer all of my questions about that racy movie! A few weeks later, my mom broke down and rented the movie for me...and I never told her I'd already seen it! The day I found out I was having twins was also the same day my sister and I went to see the Paul McCartney concert here in Tulsa.  She and I talked about what we could name the twins, and joked about naming them after Beatles songs.  She was also with me the day I had my last doctor's appointment with the twins.  She had taken me to a few appointments before, and we usually would make a day of it.  If she took me to a morning appointment, she and I would go have breakfast; also the same with an afternoon appointment and lunch.  I had an early morning appointment and I only had a yogurt to tide me over until she and I would go eat breakfast.  I had my ultrasound, and they weren't happy with how things looked, so I had a stress-test and they put the monitors on and said, "Does that hurt? You're having contractions." My sister got this look of elation on her face, because she really wanted to be there for the delivery. She's always been a great example to me, and I appreciate her and love her very much- Happy Birthday, Debi! I'm so thankful I'm your little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment