The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Friday, November 23, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful- Day 22

I know, I'm a day behind, but yesterday I was very thankful for my family.  I would say "my husband's family," but I think they are much more to me than just "in-laws" and I am so glad we are able to have everyone here to spend time together as a family! We ate wonderful foods all day long, and while the boys had gone out to do some Black Friday shopping, the girls had their very own game of "May I," which was so much fun.  We got to bed late, but all in all, Thanksgiving was pretty wonderful.  And yes, I missed being with my parents and siblings back home, and I missed all of the wonderful food there, but I know I'll get to eat it again at Christmas. All this month I've been posting about what I'm thankful for, when really I need to be thankful to the individuals who made this "thankful" time of year possible- the Pilgrims.  They set out for a new land where they could practice their religion and not be persecuted for it.  They faced trials and hardships in their lives like I have never seen or experienced, yet they were willing to take the risk in order to raise their families in a land of freedom.  I am thankful for those few who helped establish a colony, for those brave souls who left everything behind to start over, and for those willing to befriend them and teach them how to survive off their new land.  Why am I so thankful? Because they laid the foundation for what the United States of America was to become to the eyes of everyone who set foot on her shores- a land of freedom.  And for that, I am most thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment