The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful- Day 3

It's late, I'm tired, and for very good reason.  We had nothing really going on today, but we worked our tails off! And today, I am thankful for Todd.  This morning, he took my Suburban to have the oil changed, got his car tags, and brought home donuts.  I did some mending, and decided to clean my car out. While I was cleaning out my car, Todd helped direct the older boys on sweeping out the garage and organized the garage shelving unit.  Then, a little later, we loaded up the kids and grabbed a quick bite and headed off to do our shopping at Sam's.  We all worked to get everything put away, and while I Todd was getting the boys bathed, I did laundry, vacuumed, mopped, cleaned the kitchen, and made up the twins' cribs.  And even now, Todd and I are sitting here watching "Real Sports," I just keep thinking how great he is. 

I have been madly in love with my husband since we were 19, and I am so happy and blessed that I am married to him.  He really is my best friend, and I couldn't imagine my world without him.  I know it sounds really corny, but he completes me.  Where I lack, he picks up the slack.  Todd is the best person you want working beside you, and even though it seems like we can read each other's minds, we are still quite opposite.  He's an amazing Father to our sons, and a really great role model for them.  When the boys don't listen to me, he often champions me in my cause and he can often be heard saying, "Listen to your Mother!" I just can't say enough about how much I love him and just how much he means to me.  When we crawl into bed at night, I say, "I'm so lucky to have you," to which Todd replies, "Yes you are." And for that, I am so lucky to be sealed to him for time and all eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment