The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful- Day 16

Ahhhhhh, Friday.  I had plans to go do some Christmas crafts up at church with the wonderful ladies in the Relief Society.  I was planning on taking the twins, but I realized that I didn't want to hassle with the interruptions that would happen with those two running around.  So, I called their favorite babysitter- my Dad.  I left the boys at home with him and headed up to church.  The R.S. President and a member of the presidency had EVERYTHING set up perfectly and all the crafts were perfectly separated out for each person.  I sat down and started chatting as I started painting my wooden blocks, and then after a few blocks and letters, I realized I had shutdown and was solely focused and pushing out my crafts.  So, sorry if I acted weird offended anyone by not talking to them. After 2 hours of painting I still hadn't finished, but I had to leave to come home for lunch.  Luckily, I had all the supplies at home to finish what I needed to do, and I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out.  My biggest problem with doing crafts is that I'm a perfectionist, and I expect my finished product to look exactly like the model.  So, on this late Friday night, I'm thankful for all the wonderful people who helped put on the Christmas craft event at church, and for all the ladies who came and participated.  I am not a person to come up with crafts on my own, so thanks for whomever came up with the wonderful ideas for the crafts.  Hooray for crafts!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your posts. I'm always thankful for crafts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I enjoy crafts as well, it's just that I'm such a perfectionist it drives me nuts!

      Delete