The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful- Day 7

Tonight, I am thankful for two things- quiet, alone time, and being a stay-at-home wife.

For the last 3 days the twins have decided that they don't want to take naps, and that means I have not been having my peaceful afternoons like I used to.  I've been really tired lately, and the past 2 nights Mason has been waking up crying, so I would have really liked a nap today.  And today, I just woke up with a horrible case of the "F-it's."  (That's short for "forget it," like, "I need to do laundry...forget it, I'll do it later.") I really didn't have any motivation to do anything around the house, but I somehow summoned the strength to wash and dry my sheets and comforter, took out all of the trash in the entire house, I did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed and tidied up the house.  All before noon.  I feel very blessed that I get to stay home and take care of my home.  Most people might think my attitude is a bit outdated, but I always wanted to be a stay-at-home Mom, and I guess you can say I'm living the dream! I have so much fun with my boys on a daily basis, but it can be a lot of work to keep things running smoothly. After I picked up the boys I made sure the kids got their homework done and played outside for at least 45 minutes.  I had dinner ready by 6:15 and everyone fed before Chase and Todd left for Cub Scouts.  Then, I got the younger 3 boys bathed and they decided they were still hungry, so they had a snack before bed.  Todd came home, Chase bathed and went to bed, and then Todd headed out for church basketball.  So here I am, watching TV and knitting.  I enjoy my quiet Wednesday nights when the kids are asleep and Todd is out playing ball.  He'll come home and we'll watch shows that we DVR, but for 2 1/2 hours, I get a little alone time.  Trust me, it may not sound like much, but when you have children constantly needing your attention, a little alone time is hard to come by.  I love my day job and I am just so fortunate that we can afford that luxury, but I do enjoy my Wednesday nights as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment