The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

So I was pretty certain that Todd didn't get me a present, but Chase totally outed him last night at my parents' house.  Mom gave me a present, but I wasn't allowed to open until today.  I woke up this morning to my favorite breakfast- cherry pie waffles (which are Belgian waffles with cherry pie topping on top.) Then, Todd brought the older boys in to give me my presents.  He secretly went to my favorite store, Brighton, and picked up a matching pair of earrings, necklace, and bracelet.  It's not really my style, and he's told me it's OK to for me to exchange them for something else that I like.  Then, I opened my Mom's present- a set of jumper cables.  The story behind them is my car died a few weeks ago after a knitting class, and I had to call my parents to come help me out, because Todd was home with the boys.  I told her I didn't have a set of them for my car, so now I have some! Yeah, Mom!

We went to church, I was called as the Nursery Leader. Yep, that's now a running total of 3, count them, 3 callings that I hold in the ward.  I teach every 2nd Sunday in Relief Society, I am the Personal Progress advisor for the Young Women, and now Nursery Leader.  And as far as I know, I'm not getting released from the other callings anytime soon.  I taught my lesson, got set apart for my calling, then came home.  Todd fed us lunch, put the twins down for a nap, and let me basically hang out for the day.  We had dinner, got the kids to bed, and now we're just hanging out watching TV.

 And thus ends my week long blog challenge.  I've really enjoyed it, it's been fun.  I can't say that I'll be blogging on here every single day, but I will surely try to get on here more often and update my blog.  Hopefully every time I make something, I'll post it on here.  And I'm also hoping that I won't wait for months to go by before posting some fun pics of the kids on here.  We have a big trip coming up this summer, and I really can't wait to post about it! Catch ya on the flip side, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your challenge. I look forward to more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete