The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Twinny Twin Twins!

Dad's helping them learn how to drive their new Jeep

Riding in the Jeep

Cheesy grin from Parker

Their birthday cake

Mason about to eat his birthday dinner
So, ok, I haven't posted in a few months, and that was one of my goals for the New Year.  I figure I should do a few "catch up" posts to get everyone caught up.  First, we'll start with February and the twins' birthday, and I'm making a goal to try and post once a day to get caught up with everything, let's cross our fingers and see if I can make it happen!
 
Yes, the babies (I shouldn't really call them that anymore!) turned 2 on February 25th.  We had their party at my parent's house, and they got the surprise of their lives! Nana and Pa got them a Power Wheels Jeep! They rode around in that for a while, then we made them come in for dinner, cake, ice cream, and presents.  I just can't believe my little men are so big! Let me update you on what they're up to these days...
 
Parker- He is a total goofball.  He does the funniest things, and really makes me smile.  If he feels like he's falling, or even pretends to fall, he says "whoa, whoa whoa" in a funny voice. Parker loves to run through the house with his cars, and he has become very interested in throwing and catching a ball. He still uses a binky (or did until he chewed through his very last one not long after his birthday!), which has left him a little behind on his language skills.  He can climb like a monkey, and is pretty good at tackling his brothers, or me.  He is a super great eater, and is usually the first to fall asleep at naps and bedtime.  He loves to run and play with Mason, and he's usually on the receiving end of Mason's teeth when they get into a disagreement. He likes to watch "Scooby Doo," and when there's a ghost, he says "Oh, no!" And he giggles when Scooby does funny things.  He and Mason also love to watch Disney Jr. in the mornings, with a preference for "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." He's an absolute "Mama's boy," and showers me with hugs and kisses every day!
 
Mason- He is my thinker.  He has recently started putting his finger to his lip and saying "Hmmm..." Before that, he would put his hands on his hips and walk around that way.  Cracks me up! He is very interested in puzzles, he runs through the house with Parker pushing cars, and he screams at the tops of his lungs in such a high pitch that it makes your ears ring.  He can say more words than Parker can, and he's started putting a few words together as well.  His words are as follows- stop, go, yes, no, on, off, Mom, Dad, ow, dog, cat, home, hat, ball, up, roll (short for cinnamon roll), juice, chip, apple, pretz (for pretzel), snack, and Buck (short for Buckley, our dog.) Parker can say all of these words as well, but Mason said them first, and he speaks more clearly than Parker does.  He usually comes downstairs first in the morning, and finds me and gives me a great big hug.  He holds my face in his hands when he wants to get a point across, and threads his fingers in my hair when he wants to give me a kiss.  Super sweetheart of a kid!
 
My little guys are an absolute joy to stay home with, and every single day is a new adventure with us.  They're in nursery at church, and they are started to learn songs.  It's really fun to watch them do the motions for songs like "Twinkle, Twinkle little star," or "Itsy Bitsy Spider."  They also learned Ring Around the Rosie, and thoroughly enjoy popping bubbles.  We do get out and do fun things, like going to Sam's Club with my best friend, Rebecca Hunt, and her two little girls.  We also have the occasional lunch date with Todd, and they love to spend time with their Nana and Pa whenever they can.  I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of great and wonderful things about them, but I'm sure I'll remember more and post them! Happy Birthday to my big boys! I'm so lucky to be a mother of such wonderful twins!

1 comment:

  1. I feel so honored to be in your blog!! Love you friend, and your twinny twin twins :)

    ReplyDelete