The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 2 of my challenge...

I promised myself I would try to post every day this week, and go back and do some updates, but I'm so dog tired, so I'll just tell you what's been going on around here this week.  Sunday night I made a list of 18 items that I needed to get done this week, and as of right now, all but 3 are complete.  I think I can accomplish the other 3 before the end of this week, but usually when I make a list I want to complete the entire thing in one day.  I don't like to have things on my mind...or my list, whatever the case may be.  So today, I got the big boys off to school, and I noticed I was so tired.  I dropped the twins off with my Dad, who has been my resident babysitter for the last several months, and I headed over to my friend Heather's house.  She's been kind enough to help me create something for my Mom, so once I get that project finished, I'll post it on here.

Speaking of projects, one of my projects that I've been working on has been a menu board.  Todd went to an Elder's Quorem activity at Heather's house (her husband is very into wood working) and decided to make me something I found on Pinterest.  I've wanted a menu board for some time, so he made the board, and we decided to make it a magnetic dry erase board. After several coats of magnetic paint, stain, red paint to cover the stain, dry erase paint, sanding to get rid of the dry erase paint on the red paint, another coat of red paint, and a few coats of glossy modge podge, my board is complete.  I will hang it up tomorrow, and start on the new project I have in the works.

Also, I took a knitting class AND I LOVED IT! I've wanted to learn to knit or crochet for a while now, and as part of my New Years Resolution, I decided I was going to take some classes and learn to knit and sew.  I thoroughly enjoyed learning to knit- it was only 4 classes, but in the 4 weeks of class (one 2 hour class a week) I knit a scarf, and started on another one.  I made all of the boys take pictures with my product, and I am really proud of it.  The boys have been quite fascinated with my knitting, and they constantly ask me how my progress is going.  The older boys have each requested a matching hat and scarf, and Gunnar has asked me to knit a blanket for his baby doll, Baby Knucklehead. 

So hopefully tomorrow I'll post pictures of the menu board and my scarf, and maybe something else.  I'll keep you posted!

p.s. I forgot to mention yesterday that the twins know the words "stuck", "mine", and "back"

No comments:

Post a Comment