The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Crafty mama!

Alright, I've been talking about knitting and making a menu board, FINALLY, here are some pics!

First, the menu board-
So Todd went to an activity and built this lovely menu board for me, nice, huh?

He put a few coats of stain on it, and put a few layers of magnetic paint.

And I didn't like the stain, so I painted it red, and added a modge podge gloss finish to it.


Todd went back and painted a couple layers of dry erase paint, he made a bit of a mess, so I cleaned it up with several good passes of sand paper,  more paint, and another coat of modge podge.

The finished product on the wall!

And now for my knitting... I made a scarf, and I was so pleased with it that I made all the kids pose with it on.  And there's a picture of what I'm currently working on in here as well.

Mason liked me putting the scarf on him, but was not willing to smile.

Parker wasn't really into smiling with this on...I was bothering him...

Sweet Gunnar...he really wanted me to give this to him, and he's already asked for the new scarf. 

Chase, posing like a boss!

This is the current knitting project- another scarf.  This was a continental cast on, with K1 row and P1 row. (that's "knit talk" for knit 1 row, purl 1 row!)

So this is my post for today, lots of pictures, not a whole lot of words.  I'm just happy that I've been able to keep up with this and post! I'm hoping tomorrow that I'll be able to post some pictures of the project I'm currently working on, and hopefully it will be complete tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment