The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday night blues

I'm sitting here watching all of our DVR'd shows we didn't get to watch this week, and Todd's about to pop some popcorn.  Today was a busy day, or at least just another day.  I hung out at home with the twins today, did laundry and dishes, and prepared myself for taking Gunnar to the doctor.  I got a note from the nurse at school saying he wasn't up to date on his immunizations, so I made an appointment and took him in.  His vision is 20/20, perfect hearing, Dr. Gordon said he looks great on his height and weight, and he's an overall good looking kid. So after all of the preliminary stuff, we had to get down to business. The nurse came in with 3 shots, and he started to freak out.  I had to hold down his arms and upper body, while the nurse laid across his legs and stuck him.  Ya know that kid who screams bloody murder, and you're in the next room just shaking your head? Yeah, that was my kid today.  He got some candy, a sticker, and a few kisses from Mommy, and he limped out of the office.  I was fortunate enough to have my Dad babysit the twins for me so I could take Gunnar to the doctor's office, and they were happy to see us when we got home.  We ordered dinner in, and then took the kids for ice cream at Braums.  Everyone was in bed and asleep by 9:20- a little late, but still not bad.  Tomorrow we have 2 baseball games and a family Mother's Day dinner, and I still have that lesson to prepare for Relief Society.  Let's get this Mother's Day weekend started!

p.s. this may be a short post, but I vowed to post and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment