The McKnight Boys

The McKnight Boys
(L-R) Gunnar, Parker, Mason and Chase

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The World's Worst Family Blogger Returns!

Ok, so this is kind of unusual, but I am alive... just wasn't in the mood for blogging...for nearly 6 months! So, the last post I made I explained about our Summer vacation in 2012, and here is what happened the rest of the year!
After we came home from our vacation, a few big things happened: 1) the 2012 Olympics in London, England began, and 2) I finally broke down and got an iPhone.  This is one of the first pictures I took on the new phone, it's our dog, Buckley, watching women's beach volleyball.  He seems to be enjoying himself, right?

Chase and Gunnar started school in the middle of August.  Chase was 8 and in the 3rd grade, and Gunnar was 5 and started Kindergarten!

Chase lost another tooth!

Todd taught Gunnar how to tie his shoes!

Chase started Cub Scouts! Since we do Scouts through our church, he didn't start until he was 8, and went back and did his Bobcat and joined as a rank of Wolf.

Gunnar turned 6! ( I also had a birthday, but Gunnar gets the cake and celebration...)


I got the most fabulous new sewing machine as a birthday present!

I made this blanket for Gunnar.  I was taking sewing classes through Jenks Community Education, just trying to learn the basics before I got my machine, and I started making this blanket.  I finished it on my machine at home, and I was pretty thrilled with how this blanket turned out.

We had the annual "Trunk-or-Treat" at church, and the twins dressed as pirates, and the big boys dressed as ninjas for Halloween. And yes, the twins are eating my home made chili in this picture!

Gunnar learned how to ride a bike...in less than an hour! He received a lot of birthday money and wanted to buy himself a new bike, but my husband insisted that Gunnar learn how to ride a bike without training wheels before we went to get him a new one.  Well, he asked Chase to remove his training wheels, and he was zipping down the street in 5 minutes! Chase helped to guide him at first, and then he got the hang of it.  Needless to say, we went that night and he bought his fist "big boy" bike!

We had a craft day at church, and I made these really cute holiday decorations!


We went to Mesa, Arizona for Thanksgiving that year, and here is a picture of Chase enjoying one of his favorite places to eat: IN-N-OUT!

We let the boys decorate the Christmas tree...and all of the ornaments were on the bottom half of the tree!

My Dad and I took the twins to visit Santa at Bass Pro Shop.  They started crying, so I took over and made sure we had a decent "santa" picture.

Gunnar was hospitalized with pneumonia.  He got sick in the afternoon, and was admitted into the hospital that night.  When he gets sick, it happens super quickly, so we keep an eye on his health. He was there for 3 days, and hopefully, he won't have to return this year!

The afternoon Gunnar came home from the hospital, he lost his first tooth!

My Mom had a birthday, and my Grandma made her this lovely red/white checked afghan!

We celebrated Christmas, and my amazing mother-in-law made each of the boys a new blanket (which they have continued to use every single night since Christmas 2012!)
So, that was the rest of 2012 in a nutshell.  And by the way, HAPPY OCTOBER! I can't believe we're already in October! I will post more pictures this week to get you caught up on what we did in 2013, and I will do my best to keep up with the blog for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment